Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Dmitry Pavlov <ze...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/23 06:16:54 UTC

License question for plugin publishing

Hello

I have a question about proper license attribution in source files.

I'm working on a BackendListener plugin similar to Graphite one (just a
different transport). As current BackendListener source code structure
complicate implementing just the transport part, some one of my classes
reuses layout of
org.apache.jmeter.visualizers.backend.graphite.GraphiteBackendListenerClient
class with general boilerplate regarding metrics filtering and send
intervals.

I want to publish this plugin on github, but I doubt about proper
attribution of source code to avoid violation of Apache license and general
copyright banners :).

Will it be fine if header of source files that adapted to my needs will
have the following lines:

Copyright 1998-2017 The Apache Software Foundation
Copyright 2017 <my copyright part>

Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License")
and so on...

Should I put NOTICE file in repo or it's not required in this case?

Dmitry Pavlov