Posted to dev@clerezza.apache.org by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/11 15:17:50 UTC

Tasks for the release

Hi all,
We should really try to push things forward to our first release.
I've added the apache-pom as parent pom to our root pom and also explictly
added the rat-maven-plugin (locally, not committed) but I can't see the RAT
report file anywhere.
Also one more thing to do is, in my opinion, add an assembly descriptor for
the binary package (at the moment running mvn release:prepare creates only a
source package).
What do you think?
Regards,
Tommaso

Re: Tasks for the release

Posted by Daniel Spicar <da...@trialox.org>.
I agree we should work towards a release. It seems everyone got busy with
other things currently ;) We should push back on track.

I don't know much about RAT, sorry.

Considering the binary build. I think it is missing because by default
Apache releases are in source format only, at least I though I heard
something like that. Of course we could add a binary built for our purposes.

We should define issues that we want to get into the release in general. Are
there any pressing issues? I assume we don't need to add many issues as most
things should be in releasable state after the last release attempt. I also
assume we should not delay the release too long with new issues.

>From my point of view CLEREZZA-617 might be included but it does not have to
be. It is a problem with Webrendering services causing a lot of bundles to
be restarted sometimes. But the resolution turned out more challenging than
I expected and I won't have too much time to invest into it until the 25th
of this month. But I think it should not block release if we aim for a
quicker release.

Re: Tasks for the release

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much Reto :)

@Daniel I'll be travelling next week (Lucene EuroCon in Barcelona) so it may
end up I'm able to finish the work on the new RC only starting from October
24th.

Have a nice day,
Tommaso

Re: Tasks for the release