Posted to users@flex.apache.org by mark goldin <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/02 17:40:29 UTC

Sorting ArrayCollection after filtering

I need to order an ArrayCollection after it gets filtered. I also need to
filter it in a descending order. Can I set an order beforehand and then
when ArrayCollection is filtered and refreshned the order will take a
place?

Thanks

RE: Sorting ArrayCollection after filtering

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.
Yes you can do both at the same time.  Using the filterFunction [1] and the sort[2] properties.  If it doesn't update automatically call refresh().

[1] http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/mx/collections/ListCollectionView.html#filterFunction

[2] http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/mx/collections/ListCollectionView.html#sort

-Mark

But the question is whether I can use a single refresh to get both
filtering and ordering working.

Re: Sorting ArrayCollection after filtering

Posted by mark goldin <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com>.