Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Stefan Zoerner <st...@labeo.de> on 2009/03/01 20:09:44 UTC

[Groovy LDAP] JIRA for the library?

Hi all,

I would like to make some progress with the Groovy LDAP library, see
http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxSBOX/groovy-ldap.html

My next steps planned are

- finalizing the API for first release (0.1)
- making a first release
- adding Unit Tests, which should include Groovy scripts which use the
library for calls against ApacheDS

I am uncertain whether we should to change to Maven; currently, Grovvy
LDAP only uses ant and ivy for building.

In order to plan these steps, and to offer users an option to provide
feedback, JIRA would be nice.

Question: Should I use an existing JIRA-Project for that, like
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIR
and define a component "Groovy LDAP" within?

Another option would be a new JIRA project, but this is perhaps a little
bit early.

What do you think?
Greetings from Hamburg,
      Stefan

Re: [Groovy LDAP] JIRA for the library?

Posted by Stefan Zoerner <st...@labeo.de>.
Felix Knecht wrote:
> Felix Knecht schrieb:

>> Some time ago we spent quite a time to migrate the studio project from
>> ant/ivy to maven2 to have a unique build system over all te directory
>> projects. So far it would be nice if Groovy LDAP uses maven as well as
>> build tool.
>
> If you don't mind I can give it a try. The code is in your sandbox,
> isn't it?

Yes, the "build process" (currently, the code base is really small) is
described here

http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxSBOX/4-groovy-ldap-building-the-software.html

Great, if you can manage to migrate it ...
Greetings,

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.
Emmanuel Lecharny schrieb:

>> I am uncertain whether we should to change to Maven; currently, Grovvy
>> LDAP only uses ant and ivy for building.

Some time ago we spent quite a time to migrate the studio project from ant/ivy to maven2 to have a unique build system
over all te directory projects. So far it would be nice if Groovy LDAP uses maven as well as build tool.

> At least, creating a DIRGROOVY on JIRA is easy. We can do that first.

+1

Regards
Felix

Re: [Groovy LDAP] JIRA for the library?

Posted by Stefan Zoerner <st...@labeo.de>.
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>> Thanks Emmanuel, Looks good! I will have to add some issues later to
>> say more. Nevertheless the "Project Category" is missing -- should be
>> Directory.
> Fixed

Thanks Emmanuel. I was able to raise issues within the project as well
-- so it seems to work :-)

Re: [Groovy LDAP] JIRA for the library?

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Stefan Zoerner wrote:
> Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>> The DIRGROOVY JIRA has been created. Can you test it ?
>
> Thanks Emmanuel, Looks good! I will have to add some issues later to
> say more. Nevertheless the "Project Category" is missing -- should be
> Directory.
Fixed

> Greetings,
>     Stefan

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: [Groovy LDAP] JIRA for the library?

Posted by Stefan Zoerner <st...@labeo.de>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.
Stefan Zoerner schrieb:
> Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>> At least, creating a DIRGROOVY on JIRA is easy. We can do that first.
>
> Yes, we should do that. Unfortunately, it seems I am not allowed to
> create new projects in JIRA. Somebody of the two of you (Felix,
> Emmanuel) is?

IMO I'm not allowed.

Felix

Re: [Groovy LDAP] JIRA for the library?

Posted by Stefan Zoerner <st...@labeo.de>.
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> At least, creating a DIRGROOVY on JIRA is easy. We can do that first.

Yes, we should do that. Unfortunately, it seems I am not allowed to
create new projects in JIRA. Somebody of the two of you (Felix,
Emmanuel) is?

Thanks in advance,

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Stefan Zoerner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to make some progress with the Groovy LDAP library, see
> http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxSBOX/groovy-ldap.html
>
> My next steps planned are
>
> - finalizing the API for first release (0.1)
> - making a first release
> - adding Unit Tests, which should include Groovy scripts which use the
> library for calls against ApacheDS
>
> I am uncertain whether we should to change to Maven; currently, Grovvy
> LDAP only uses ant and ivy for building.
>
> In order to plan these steps, and to offer users an option to provide
> feedback, JIRA would be nice.
>
> Question: Should I use an existing JIRA-Project for that, like
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIR
> and define a component "Groovy LDAP" within?
>
> Another option would be a new JIRA project, but this is perhaps a
> little bit early.
Well, maybe it's time to spawn a new project then. If you need a JIRA
for groovyLDAP, then I see no reason why we should not create this
subproject.

At least, creating a DIRGROOVY on JIRA is easy. We can do that first.

> What do you think?
> Greetings from Hamburg,
>      Stefan

cordialement, regards,