Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Ribeaud, Christian (Ext)" <ch...@novartis.com> on 2018/10/24 09:12:20 UTC

Camel 2.21.1 and Hawtio

Hi,

I am desperately trying to connect hawtio to my Camel workflow. Or is there a better solution to visualize my Camel workflow?
I've read following links:

> http://peter-on-java.blogspot.com/2014/05/using-hawito-to-monitor-apache-camel.html
> http://hawt.io/docs/plugins/
> https://vimeo.com/141917680

None of them helped me. All seem quite outdated. My understanding is the following:

1/ My Camel workflow is running and sending some JMX messages
2/ These messages are then caught by hawtio running, for instance, in another JVM with 'java -jar hawtio-app-2.1.0.jar'.

If I have to install the Camel plugin for hawtio, how should I proceed? Should I really follow the instructions given here?

> https://github.com/hawtio/hawtio-integration

Is that so complicate? No release to download and to somehow plug to the hawtio standalone app?
Or even better, an all-in-one jar?

Many thanks and cheers,

christian

Re: Camel 2.21.1 and Hawtio

Posted by Tadayoshi Sato <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello Christian,

If you are using Camel 2.21.1, Spring Boot must be 1.x. Then you can refer
to this example:
https://github.com/hawtio/hawtio/tree/master/examples/springboot
It also contains a simple Camel route which you can view from the Hawtio
console.

The key part for the sample is you need to set endpoints.jolokia.sensitive
= false in application.properties. This should be applicable to the cases
where you want hawtio-app.jar to connect to a remote Jolokia endpoint.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Tadayoshi

RE: Camel 2.21.1 and Hawtio