Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Aldo Letellier <al...@epsiloninteractive.com> on 2006/06/07 00:51:32 UTC

RE: Catalyst::View::Embperl ???

Hi

I'm thinking to use Catalyst for a MVC web application,
previously we have used HTML::Embperl.
We loved Embperl, we want to use within Catalyst.

Is there a Catalyst::View::Embperl or plans to have one?

Thanks

Aldo LeTellier

Posted by Christophe Le Bars <cl...@2fp.net>.
"Gerald Richter" <ri...@ecos.de> writes:
>> http://www.lebars.org/tmp/Catalyst::View::Embperl/
>>

> Great!
>
> Did you consider to also put them on CPAN? I think this would be a good
> idea!

Yes, sure. I'll do that asap.

--
Christophe

RE: Catalyst::View::Embperl ???

Posted by Christophe Le Bars <cl...@2fp.net>.

Done. http://search.cpan.org/~clb/Catalyst-View-Embperl-0.02/

--
Christophe

RE: Catalyst::View::Embperl ???

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> I wrote 2 modules Catalyst::View::Embperl &
> Catalyst::View::Embperl::Object a month ago.
>
> Lot's of work still need to be done, e.g. passing Embperl
> configuration properly, but there are already functionnal for
> my own Catalyst projects.
>
> I clean them a bit today, and put the package online (there
> is a tar.gz & debian package) :
>
> http://www.lebars.org/tmp/Catalyst::View::Embperl/

Great!

Did you consider to also put them on CPAN? I think this would be a good
idea!

Gerald

** Virus checked by BB-5000 Mailfilter **

Re: Catalyst::View::Embperl ???

Posted by Christophe Le Bars <cl...@2fp.net>.
"Gerald Richter" <ri...@ecos.de> writes:
>> I'm thinking to use Catalyst for a MVC web application,
>> previously we have used HTML::Embperl.
>> We loved Embperl, we want to use within Catalyst.
>>
>> Is there a Catalyst::View::Embperl or plans to have one?
>>

> As far as I know there is no, but it shouldn't be hard to implement one. If
> you like to give it a try, I will support your efforts.

Hello,

RE: Catalyst::View::Embperl ???

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi

> I'm thinking to use Catalyst for a MVC web application,
> previously we have used HTML::Embperl.
> We loved Embperl, we want to use within Catalyst.
>
> Is there a Catalyst::View::Embperl or plans to have one?

As far as I know there is no, but it shouldn't be hard to implement one. If
you like to give it a try, I will support your efforts.

Gerald

P.S. Did you take a look at Embperl 2? The application object can do much
(not all) of the things Catalyst do for you.

** Virus checked by BB-5000 Mailfilter **