Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Pravinkumar_Shivakumar <Pr...@Satyam.com> on 2002/02/01 07:53:53 UTC

Splitting Virtual host setting in httpd.conf...

Hi all,

Had a question.
Can't try this thing out cos i dont have access to a editable httpd.conf.
In httpd.conf if I split a particular virtual host setting will it work for
Ex

<VirtualHost 111.22.33.44>
 DocumentRoot /www/subdomain/sub2
ServerName www.sub2.domain.tld
</VirtualHost>

Others settings present in httpd.conf here....
again below I continue the above virtual host setting
<VirtualHost 111.22.33.44>
ServerPath /sub2/
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^(/sub2/.*) /www/subdomain$1 ...
</VirtualHost>

Can I split the virtualhost setting for 111.22.33.44 and still have the site
work???

Thanking you all,
Regards,
Pravin Kumar S
is appreciated.

RE: Splitting Virtual host setting in httpd.conf...

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

I haven't tried it, but my educated guess is "no".  Apache should complain
about multiple definitions of a vhost, or simply ignore one of them.

By the way, cross-posting to multiple mailing lists is probably a bad idea.
People on one list aren't subscribed to the others, which will create
problems when replying.