Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk> on 2008/03/05 07:10:55 UTC

T5: Nice to have features for beaneditor

Hi,

Following is a list of features that will make the use of
beaneditor/beaneditform easy:

1. RemoveAllExcept: in addition to remove, removeAllExcept will remove all
the properties except those listed.

2. Option to disable the display of labels, this is very useful when the
column contains action links like "delete", "update", etc, if the caption
has been displayed in the grid row, what's the use of column label?

3. Option to default the columns to non - sortable until it is turned on,
say, we have a bean that has 20 properties, very few of them need to be
sortable, so leaving the heading to be sortable make the screen messy, and
turning those things off requires a lot of effort, rather make it default.

Care to add what you like to have?

A.C.

Re: T5: Nice to have features for beaneditor

Posted by Davor Hrg <hr...@gmail.com>.
label would have to be removed from beanEditBlocks
so label position can be controlled...
and label would have to have a more complex mechanism to connect
to input's id...

Davor Hrg

Posted by Christoph Jaeger <ch...@derwald.at>.