Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Dilip Joseph <di...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/24 22:04:27 UTC

Which version of mesos to use to avoid sockets.count(s) > 0 failure?

Hello,

I am currently using mesos-0.9 with spark-0.5. My mesos-slaves on Ubuntu
12.04 keep dying with the following assertion failure:
process.cpp:1742] Check failed: sockets.count(s) > 0

I saw that there is a fix for this (
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-mesos-dev/201205.mbox/%3CCAFeOQnVQ9JXu27CyU=M0QvofKT_gTCONjoz6wRT95N0D+0U1sg@mail.gmail.com%3E),
 but the fix is not in the mesos-0.9 release.  I am inclined to just use
the latest trunk; but I wanted to check if there are any known
instabilities with trunk?  If anybody is using trunk in production, please
tell me what revision you are using.

Thanks,
Dilip

Dilip Antony Joseph
http://csgrad.blogspot.com
http://www.marydilip.info

Re: Which version of mesos to use to avoid sockets.count(s) > 0 failure?

Posted by Dilip Joseph <di...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Vinod.  I will try out that version.

Dilip

Posted by Matei Zaharia <ma...@eecs.berkeley.edu>.
Have you guys thought of releasing this as 0.9.1? It would help a lot of (potential) users. I don't want to tell users to download a particular SHA.

Matei

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@twitter.com>.