Posted to users@maven.apache.org by John Fallows <jo...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/16 01:09:34 UTC

[m2] warnings about invalid poms, ignored for artifact resolution

How can I determine the real problem indicated by the following warning?

[WARNING] POM for: 'mygroup:myartifact:pom:1.2.3.4.5' does not appear
to be valid. Its will be ignored for artifact resolution.

In debug mode (m2 -X) no additional information is displayed.

Btw, i'm working off the maven-components trunk, r289147.

Kind Regards,
John Fallows.

Re: [m2] warnings about invalid poms, ignored for artifact resolution

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <ke...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, John Fallows wrote:

Change line 115 of
./maven-project/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/project/artifact/MavenMetadataSource.java
: replace

 " );

with

 ", e );

and bootstrap again. It'll show a stacktrace with a better error message.

> How can I determine the real problem indicated by the following warning?
>
> [WARNING] POM for: 'mygroup:myartifact:pom:1.2.3.4.5' does not appear
> to be valid. Its will be ignored for artifact resolution.
>
> In debug mode (m2 -X) no additional information is displayed.
>
> Btw, i'm working off the maven-components trunk, r289147.
>
> Kind Regards,
> John Fallows.

Kenney Westerhof
http://www.neonics.com