Posted to users@maven.apache.org by nokha <qi...@yahoo.com.ar> on 2012/04/24 17:34:56 UTC

Including Subprojects as jar files

Hi, I'm facing a problem when including a subproject as a dependency in the
POM of my project. Code is like the following:

xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"...>

  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>com.test</groupId>
  <artifactId>test1</artifactId>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <packaging>war</packaging>

  <name>test1</name>
  <url>http://maven.apache.org</url>

  <dependencies>

    <dependency>
      <groupId>com.test</groupId>
      <artifactId>test2</artifactId>
      <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </dependency>

  </dependencies>

</project>

The problem is that test2 has hibernate mapping files, and currently when I
start the application in dev mode they are not being loaded.
Is there a trick for making project inclusion work?

Thanks!

Re: Including Subprojects as jar files

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
This is more of a Hibernate problem than a Maven problem.

We use Hibernate and Spring and in the configuration file that includes
the HibernateSessionFactory, the reference to the hibernate
configuration file is specified as  "classpath:hibernate.cfg.xml" since
the configuration file is in another project that is a dependency of the
project doing the reference.

I hope that this helps move your problem forward.

The whole bean is:

<bean id="hibernateSessionFactory"
class="com.artifact_software.hibernate.session.alllazy.AllLazyFactoryBean" >
<property name="configLocation">
<value>classpath:hibernate.cfg.xml</value>

</property>
<property name="dataSource">
<ref bean="jdbcDataSource"/>
</property>
<property name="exposeTransactionAwareSessionFactory">
<value>true</value>
</property>
<property name="useTransactionAwareDataSource">
<value>true</value>
</property>

</bean>

Ron

On 24/04/2012 11:34 AM, nokha wrote:
> Hi, I'm facing a problem when including a subproject as a dependency in the
> POM of my project. Code is like the following:

> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"...>
>
>    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
>    <groupId>com.test</groupId>
>    <artifactId>test1</artifactId>
>    <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>    <packaging>war</packaging>
>
>    <name>test1</name>
>    <url>http://maven.apache.org</url>
>
>    <dependencies>
>
>      <dependency>
>        <groupId>com.test</groupId>
>        <artifactId>test2</artifactId>
>        <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>      </dependency>
>
>    </dependencies>
>
> </project>
>
> The problem is that test2 has hibernate mapping files, and currently when I
> start the application in dev mode they are not being loaded.
> Is there a trick for making project inclusion work?
>
> Thanks!

Ron Wheeler
President
Artifact Software Inc