Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2018/06/14 15:48:28 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Remove the Second CacheSM (and APIs)

Hi all,

I’ve prepared this pr:

	https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/pull/3824 <https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/pull/3824>

which removes the second cacheSM. This also implies removing the following APIs:

	TSReturnCode TSHttpTxnNewCacheLookupDo(TSHttpTxn txnp, TSMBuffer bufp, TSMLoc url_loc);
	TSReturnCode TSHttpTxnSecondUrlTryLock(TSHttpTxn txnp);

The reason for this is to simplify / unify how we deal with cache keys, such that we can make progress on this proposal:

	https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Cleanup+of+Cache+URLs <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Cleanup+of+Cache+URLs>

Please let me know if there are any concerns with this.

— leif