Posted to dev@deltacloud.apache.org by Sang-Min Park <sa...@eucalyptus.com> on 2010/11/10 20:05:32 UTC

DeltaCloud Acceptance Test

Dear all,

I am a software engineer at Eucalyptus systems.

We’re planning to get Eucalyptus working with DeltaCloud.

Probably, we’re going to use the existing EC2 drivers with some patches.

I have one question regarding testing procedure: are there any acceptance
tests for a new driver implementation?

We want to know in general the QA process for DeltaCloud.

Thanks!

Sang-Min Park

Software Engineer, Eucalyptus Systems, Inc.

6755 Hollister Avenue | Goleta, CA | 93117
Office: 805-845-8000 (+9038) Cell: 434-825-4939
email: spark@eucalyptus.com

http://www.eucalyptus.com

Re: DeltaCloud Acceptance Test

Posted by David Lutterkort <lu...@redhat.com>.
On Wed, 2010-11-10 at 11:05 -0800, Sang-Min Park wrote:
> I am a software engineer at Eucalyptus systems.
>
> We’re planning to get Eucalyptus working with DeltaCloud.
>
> Probably, we’re going to use the existing EC2 drivers with some patches.
>

> I have one question regarding testing procedure: are there any acceptance
> tests for a new driver implementation?
>
> We want to know in general the QA process for DeltaCloud.

Besides the unit tests in the server/ directory, there are also cucumber
tests in tests/; there are also unit tests in the client/ directory.
Those expect that you have a server running locally.

David

Re: DeltaCloud Acceptance Test

Posted by "marios@redhat.com" <ma...@redhat.com>.
Hi Sang-Min,

> We’re planning to get Eucalyptus working with DeltaCloud.
>
> Probably, we’re going to use the existing EC2 drivers with some patches.

awesome! Please give us a shout for any help - either here or come to
the freenode irc channel #deltacloud.

> I have one question regarding testing procedure: are there any acceptance
> tests for a new driver implementation?
>
> We want to know in general the QA process for DeltaCloud.

So as far as I'm aware we don't have a 'formal' QA process (I think the
word 'yet' really belongs in that sentence). For now patches are
submitted to this list for review by other developers working on dcloud.
Generally if you get at least one 'ACK' and no negative reviews then the
code is 'accepted' and pushed into repo (probably one of the committers
will do that for you). Once you have your driver and if you are that way
inclined you might like to write some cucumber features for testing
(look under /deltacloud/tests/<driver_name>).

marios

Posted by André Dietisheim <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sang

I can only talk of what I do in JBoss Tools (I develop the JBoss Tools
for deltacloud). I use a java client (I develop) and use it to run about
30 integration tests in a junit test-suite. This stuff is available in
the jboss svn.

Cheers
André