Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Krish Donald <go...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/07 21:46:50 UTC

Backups in Cassandra

Hi Folks,

First question is , Do you take backup  for your cassandra cluster ?
If answer is yes then question follows:
1. How do you take backup ?
            1.1 ) Is it only snapshot?
             1.2 ) We are on AWS with very large cluster around 51 nodes
with 1TB data on each node.
              1.3) Do you take backup and move it to S3 ?

2. If you take backup, how restore process worked for you?

Thanks
Krish

RE: Backups in Cassandra

Posted by Rh...@swisscom.com.
Just to add to this…

We do snapshot, incremental and commitlog backups along with schema and config backups. All is copied to S3 although we do keep a small number of snapshots / inc / commitlog on the local node in the rare event they are needed.

We have written some Ansible to restore the whole cluster. If your cluster is beyond a trivial number of nodes then some type of manageable automation is required.

Cheers,

Posted by cclive1601你 <cc...@gmail.com>.

--
you are the apple of my eye !