Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by mbangwa <ad...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/04 20:18:12 UTC

Best Testing Frameowork to Simulate a Distributed Networks (functional tes)

Hi,

I have the following application set up:

1. A distributed system of servers and special servers and common user
nodes.

2. Each server is connected with every other special server but not with a
server.

3. Every time a client wants to connect to a server, it first connects with
a special server which then loactes the best server available to it and send
its IP address to it after which a normal connection is established between
that client and its nearest (best) server.

There are failsafe arrangements built into the code.

Which testing framwork will allow me to test this across a small sample
network ? I dont wish to only simulate this on a single machine but across
multiple machines with each having a role among the three mentioned above.

Any help will be most welcome.

Note : Im not looking for stress/load tests but for functional testing.

Re: Best Testing Frameowork to Simulate a Distributed Networks (functional tes)

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
This is not really on topic for the JMeter developer list.

You might have better luck on the the JMeter user list.