Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2012/12/02 16:10:17 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpCore 4.3-alpha1 Released

The Apache HttpComponents project is pleased to announce release
4.3-alpha1 of HttpComponents HttpCore. This is the first release from
the 4.3.x release branch. The main theme of the 4.3 release series is
streamlining of component configuration and deprecation of the old
configuration API based on HttpParams in favor of constructor-based
dependency injection and plain objects for configuration parameters.

We are kindly asking all upstream projects to review API changes and
help us improve the APIs by providing feedback and sharing ideas on
dev@hc.apache.org.

This release also includes all fixes from the stable 4.2.x release
branch.

Download -
<http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi>
Release notes -
<http://www.apache.org/dist/httpcomponents/httpcore/RELEASE_NOTES.txt>
HttpComponents site -
<http://hc.apache.org/>

About HttpComponents Core - HttpCore is a set of low level HTTP
transport components that can be used to build custom client and server
side HTTP services with a minimal footprint. HttpCore supports two I/O
models: a blocking I/O model based on the classic Java I/O and a
non-blocking, event driven I/O model based on Java NIO. The blocking I/O
model may be more appropriate for data intensive, low latency scenarios,
whereas the non-blocking model may be more appropriate for high latency
scenarios where raw data throughput is less important than the ability
to handle thousands of simultaneous HTTP connections in a resource
efficient manner.