Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by "周亮(周亮)" <zh...@taobao.com> on 2017/01/12 03:23:43 UTC

why SimpleDoFnRunner can not support setup

hi.
I can not find setup in SimpleDoFnRunner, why? startBundle instead of setup?

Re: why SimpleDoFnRunner can not support setup

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <kl...@google.com.INVALID>.
Yes, anything that processes bundles of elements could implement that
interface, while a DoFn actually has many more capabilities (side inputs,
state, setup, teardown).

If you want to discuss less generally, another way to explain this in terms
of DoFn is that @Setup should happen before the DoFn is wrapped into a
DoFnRunner and @Teardown should happen after the DoFnRunner will not be
used anymore.

Kenn