Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by "M.D.Parker" <md...@netcom.com> on 1998/05/28 17:03:45 UTC

config/2309: SERVER_SUBVERSION disappears but there is NO replacement

>Number:         2309
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       SERVER_SUBVERSION disappears but there is NO replacement
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I have been using the SERVER_SUBVERSION to indicate compilation and other
SHORT misc information for my own use as I maintain a number of sites.
I notice that unlike 1.3b6 and before, that this define has been removed,
there seems to be NO way to add now add a STATIC identifier at compile time.
There is a reference to calling a subroutine but that looks like more
for add-on modules, a good thing I know, but still you need to provide
a compile time unchanging local identifier.  I am not in-favor of a
Run-Time directive here for this field as I do not want it changing.

My only choice seems to be to edit the appropriate os.h file.  DRAG
>How-To-Repeat:
No problem
>Fix:
Return SERVER_SUBVERSION variable to the httpd.h file OR generate some
way to change it at "configure" time.