Posted to user@shale.apache.org by "Ian.Priest" <Ia...@opsera.com> on 2007/06/26 23:54:55 UTC

RE: outputFormat ignores escape="false" (Isn't MyFaces)

Found it - it's a bug in Clay. The "escape" attribute is missing from
the definition of outputFormat in the clay-config.xml file in shale-clay
1.0.3.

The current definition for the tag is:

  <component jsfid="outputFormat"
componentType="javax.faces.HtmlOutputFormat" extends="baseOutput">
     <description>Render a readonly text value substituting inline
string parameters. </description>
  </component>
  <component jsfid="h:outputFormat" extends="outputFormat"/>

I edited the META-INF/clay-config.xml file in shale-clay-1.0.3.jar to be
as follows:

  <component jsfid="outputFormat"
componentType="javax.faces.HtmlOutputFormat" extends="baseOutput">
     <description>Render a readonly text value substituting inline
string parameters. </description>
    <attributes>
        <set name="escape" bindingType="VB">
          <description></description>
        </set>
	</attributes>
  </component>
  <component jsfid="h:outputFormat" extends="outputFormat"/>

And now my escape attribute is no longer ignored. I've raised SHALE-451
so it can be fixed.

Cheers,
Ian.