Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2007/11/11 15:41:08 UTC

[ANN] Cayenne 3.0M2 released

We are glad to announce second milestone of Cayenne 3.0. For details
follow the link below:

http://cayenne.apache.org/2007/11/11/november-11-2007-cayenne-30m2-
released.html

Cheers,
Andrus

Re: Cayenne 3.0M2 and EJBQLQuery

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
Sounds reasonable to me.  In the interim, we could probably link directly to
them with an appropriate note.

--
Kevin

Fwd: Cayenne 3.0M2 and EJBQLQuery

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Begin forwarded message:

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
I don't have any performance numbers just yet. From the design
knowledge, my educated guess is that the translation phase will be
somewhat slower, as EJBQL goes through a longer chain of syntax
transformation, but the result retrieval should be as fast. Since the
translation phase has never been a bottleneck in the query execution
cycle, there is hopefully no noticeable overall performance hit.

Andrus

Re: [ANN] Cayenne 3.0M2 released

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
JSR-220 is a definitive (although not user friendly) source of the
EJBQL syntax:

   http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=220

I would imagine that syntax used by OpenJPA is also compatible.

Andrus

Posted by David Marko <dm...@tiscali.cz>.

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au>.

Posted by David Marko <dm...@tiscali.cz>.

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au>.
On 12/11/2007, at 1:41 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> We are glad to announce second milestone of Cayenne 3.0. For details
> follow the link below:
>
> http://cayenne.apache.org/2007/11/11/november-11-2007-cayenne-30m2-released.html
>
> Cheers,
> Andrus

I've just done the Freshmeat update, DOAP update and email to Apache
News. I'm thinking that we should take the release dates out of
RELEASE-NOTES.txt since they can't easily be updated before the
release actually happens.

Ari

-------------------------->
ish
http://www.ish.com.au

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au>.
On 12/11/2007, at 6:57 AM, Alexander Lamb (dev) wrote:

> Would you recommend also going to Cayenne 3.0M2 already or stick to
> 2.0.3? In other words, are there already production applications
> running in 3? Any stumbling block which could create trouble?

There are several production systems out there using 3.0. I myself am
using 3.0M2 in a production system (going live this week).

Ari Maniatis

-------------------------->
ish
http://www.ish.com.au

Posted by "Alexander Lamb (dev)" <al...@mac.com>.
This is great news, especially with the callbacks enabled!

Now, a question:

We have 3 apps in production using Cayenne 2.0.3, 2 with Tapestry 4.1
and one with Tapestry 5.

We are currently migrating the Tapestry 4.1 / Cayenne 2.0.3 to
Tapestry 5 and expect to go live around January (end of January
probably).

Would you recommend also going to Cayenne 3.0M2 already or stick to
2.0.3? In other words, are there already production applications
running in 3? Any stumbling block which could create trouble?

Thanks,

Alex

Re: Cayenne 3.0M2 and log4j

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Cayenne used to setup basic Log4J configuration if it wasn't setup by
the user. Now it assumes that it is not the only framework in the
application that relies on shared logging service, so it does not
attempt to configure anything. So you may need to setup Log4J
yourself on app startup, e.g. via Log4J BasicConfigurator or
PropertyConfigurator.

Andrus

Cayenne 3.0M2 and log4j

Posted by "Alexander Lamb (dev)" <al...@mac.com>.