Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org> on 2004/03/24 12:31:34 UTC

Moving the federation forward

Peoples,

As you are all aware, the Federation proposal has been voted in.

The new projects that were proposed were :

# Xerces, comprising Xerces Java, Xerces C++ and Xerces Perl
# Xalan, comprising Xalan Java and Xalan C++
# XML Graphics (comprising FOP and Batik)
# XML Security
# Xindice
# Axkit

I know the XML Graphics guys have been having discussions, as have
Xerces.  How are things going?  The first step in each case is probably
for the particular group to decide on a scope for the new project, vote
on the initial PMC and PMC chair and craft a resolution for the board to
vote on.

How about we aim for the next board meeting - 21/4 - to get a few of
these over and running as TLPs in their own right?

Cheers,
	Berin

Re: Moving the federation forward

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>.
Peoples,

How are things tracking?  I know Xalan, Xerces and XML Graphics were
doing things as has AxKit, but it'd be great to get a status on this list!

XML-Security - we started some discussion some time back, and it's
currently waiting on me writing up a draft resolution for the board's
next meeting.  (Bad Berin - no cookie, to quote someone else on this
list :>.)

Cheers,
	Berin

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Sorry for the delay. Busy times. Obviously, not much happens if nobody
pushes these things. I've just removed the part about the common
components from the proposal draft (XML Graphics). So I guess if nobody
has anthing else to say about the proposal we should go forward with
nominations for the PMC.

On 24.03.2004 12:31:34 Berin Lautenbach wrote:
> I know the XML Graphics guys have been having discussions, as have
> Xerces.  How are things going?  The first step in each case is probably
> for the particular group to decide on a scope for the new project, vote
> on the initial PMC and PMC chair and craft a resolution for the board to
> vote on.
>
> How about we aim for the next board meeting - 21/4 - to get a few of
> these over and running as TLPs in their own right?

Jeremias Maerki