Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/22 10:34:00 UTC

Re: ServiceMix and Geronimo

Congrats Kristian!

Btw, we should really provide more JEE oriented features in ServiceMix
/ Geronimo to our users.
Kinda what Open ESB JEE SE provides for glassfish
(http://download.java.net/general/open-esb/docs/jbi-components/jee-se.html).
   We already have a JAX-WS JBI transport in CXF, so I'm sure we could
find a way to use it from EJB to access JBI for example...  Have you
already thought about such things ?

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: ServiceMix and Geronimo

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
On 10/22/07, Kristian Köhler <Kr...@dmc.de> wrote:
> Hi
>
> > > * Better configuration of ServiceMix Service within Geronimo
> >
> > This is always something I wanted to do, but never quite got the time
> > to get into it.  We also have a few portlets that I developped using
> > pluto which could be integrated into Geronimo console, but i never
> > really finished those :-(
>
> Is it available somewhere?

trunk/web/servicemix-console

> > > * Better integration of the HTTP transport (currently jetty
> > is started within SM)
> >
> > Yeah, I solved the problem when deploying ServiceMix as a web
> > application, but not that way.
>
> My idea is to deploy the HTTP binding component as simple web application which is
> communicating with servicemix service. So ServiceMix could run as service within Geronimo
> and it could be managed without HTTP binding or the need for a web container.

Yeah, I suppose it won't be too difficult to do it that way.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

AW: ServiceMix and Geronimo

Posted by Kristian Köhler <Kr...@dmc.de>.
Hi

> > * Better configuration of ServiceMix Service within Geronimo
>
> This is always something I wanted to do, but never quite got the time
> to get into it.  We also have a few portlets that I developped using
> pluto which could be integrated into Geronimo console, but i never
> really finished those :-(

Is it available somewhere?

Re: ServiceMix and Geronimo

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
On 10/22/07, Kristian Köhler <Kr...@dmc.de> wrote:
> Hi
>
> no not yet. Sounds good ;-) I will look into this...
>
> Next steps I want to take are:
> * Better configuration of ServiceMix Service within Geronimo

This is always something I wanted to do, but never quite got the time
to get into it.  We also have a few portlets that I developped using
pluto which could be integrated into Geronimo console, but i never
really finished those :-(

> * Better integration of the HTTP transport (currently jetty is started within SM)

Yeah, I solved the problem when deploying ServiceMix as a web
application, but not that way.

> * and of course add more functionality...
>
> Any help is welcome ;-)

I wish days were way longer than they are ;-)

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

AW: ServiceMix and Geronimo