Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by "Shapira, Yoav" <Yo...@mpi.com> on 2004/08/05 15:21:51 UTC

Adding TRACE to CVS?

Hi,
Would anyone object if I go ahead and:
- Add TRACE level to Level class.
- Add trace(...) methods to Logger interface as appropriate
- Add trace(...) methods to UGLI logger interface as appropriate
- Add TRACE-releated tests to our existing test code
- Make sure it all compiles together
- Commit the changes on CVS HEAD for logging-log4j

?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender.  Thank you.

Re: Adding TRACE to CVS?

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.
Yoav,

Even if I think adding the TRACE level will lead to future complications,
we had a binding vote on the subject. The results were in favor of adding
the TRACE level. So, please go ahead.

And thanks for looking into this...

--
Ceki Gülcü