Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/12 18:02:41 UTC

What about releasing a 2.0-RC2/2.0.0 ?

We have fixed some important issues lately in 2.0-RC1 :
DIRMINA-749 : We cannot anymore inject more than one CODEC in the chain.
DIRMINA-678 : NioProcessor 100% CPU usage on Linux (epoll selector bug)
DIRMINA-650 : Mina server does not recieve all data sent by client using
SSLSocketFactory

Isn't it time for a new release ? Should we call it 2.0.0 ?

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.nextury.com

Re: What various priorities mean in Mina's Jira was: Toward 2.0-RC2/2.0.0 : status

Posted by Emmanuel LŽcharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Alan D. Cabrera a écrit :

> The reason that I asked was that it would be nice if one could look at
> the roadmap and discover what the group thought needed to be fixed
> before a release could happen.  It would also be nice to look at the
> roadmap and be able to pick out those issues that are being time-boxed
> and potentially left out of the release.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-742 is a serious issue. We
have to reproduce it, and then analyze why we enter into a deadlock.

Posted by Emmanuel LŽcharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Alan D. Cabrera a écrit :

> On Jan 13, 2010, at 6:30 AM, Emmanuel LŽcharny wrote:
>
>> Alan D. Cabrera a écrit :

>>> :)
>>>
>>> The reason that I asked was that it would be nice if one could look
>>> at the roadmap and discover what the group thought needed to be
>>> fixed before a release could happen.  It would also be nice to look
>>> at the roadmap and be able to pick out those issues that are being
>>> time-boxed and potentially left out of the release.
>> This is what I'm currently doing. There are many issues in the
>> 'unscheduled' state which needs to be moved to a version in the
>> roadmap, and also many JIRA's priority need to be set to the correct
>> level. I agree that some missing Javadoc can be set to critical, as
>> soon as it's not considered as a bug, and also that uf some log
>> generates a NPE, hen t shuld not be considered as critical.
>>
>> I'm currently processing the bug list to update those informations.
>
> Sorry, I'm not prescribing what we should do for this release but am
> trying to make more concrete what the various priorities mean in
> Mina's Jira.  Jullien's reply implied, to me, that there was none and
> that it was not important.  My reply addressed this personal perception.

I would say that there are none, yep, but IMO, it's important to
moderate them and attribute the correct priority to JIRAs in the close
future...

Re: What various priorities mean in Mina's Jira was: Toward 2.0-RC2/2.0.0 : status

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel LŽcharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
On Jan 13, 2010, at 6:14 AM, Julien Vermillard wrote:

> Le Wed, 13 Jan 2010 06:10:21 -0800,
> "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com> a écrit :
>
>> I was wondering, what does the various priorities mean in Mina's
>> Jira?
>>
> Well nothing special.

:)

Re: Toward 2.0-RC2/2.0.0 : status

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
Le Wed, 13 Jan 2010 06:10:21 -0800,
"Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com> a écrit :

> On Jan 13, 2010, at 12:43 AM, Emmanuel LŽcharny wrote:
>
> > Alan D. Cabrera a écrit :

> >> I'm busy until the weekend but am happy to help.  Should we
> >> timebox the issues and go for a freeze for release on Monday?
> > I will try to do some cleanup on importnat issues we have in the
> > 'not scheduled' section today. Then we can try to either get them
> > fixed or postpone them.
> >
> > IMO, we need to cut a 2.0 asap.
>
> As in cut it sooner than Monday?
>
> I was wondering, what does the various priorities mean in Mina's Jira?
>

> Regards,
> Alan

Well nothing special.

Julien

--
Julien Vermillard

Archean Technologies
http://www.archean.fr

Re: Toward 2.0-RC2/2.0.0 : status

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Re: Toward 2.0-RC2/2.0.0 : status

Posted by Emmanuel LŽcharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Re: Toward 2.0-RC2/2.0.0 : status

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Toward 2.0-RC2/2.0.0 : status

Re: Re : What about releasing a 2.0-RC2/2.0.0 ?

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
I looked at the issue and don't follow what the problem is.  I can't
even find the tests.

Regards,
Alan

Posted by Emmanuel LŽcharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Edouard De Oliveira a écrit :
> I'm sorry but after examining the remaining bug list i think https://issues..apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-711 must be fixed before issuing 2.0.0 the framework can't fail because we just add some logs otherwise we must make this mdc feature optionnal
>
> I'm really in favor of releasing 2.0.0 and creating dynamicity in the community let just fix 711

Ehhh... I checked the code, and I realized that it has been fixed a
while back (may 2009) by Maarten !

I closed the issue.

Re : What about releasing a 2.0-RC2/2.0.0 ?

Envoyé le : Mar 12 Janvier 2010, 18 h 35 min 01 s
Objet : Re: What about releasing a 2.0-RC2/2.0.0 ?

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog

Re: What about releasing a 2.0-RC2/2.0.0 ?

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
+1

Jeff