Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Andreas A." <an...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/09 12:01:20 UTC

How much memory usage is acceptable?

Hi

How much memory is Camel expected to use, and can anything be done to
optimize it?
I have a small application consisting of two identical Camel contexts
running the same set of routes, they each use around 150 MB both in idle and
when processing, so ~300 MB total. The routes are around 450 lines and
there's about 30 quite simple processors in use.

There's several different XSLT, JAXB, schema validations, some splitting and
aggregating and upload/download to/from filesystem and JMS.

I know this is not complete information to figure out how much memoery the
application is expected to use, but I think it seems a bit high.

What would be a good way to monitor memory usage, does Camel have something
built in that can show mem/cpu usage of the different components?

Re: How much memory usage is acceptable?

Posted by "Willem.Jiang" <wi...@gmail.com>.
Current Camel doesn't have this kind of tools out of box.
I'm afraid you need to use other JProfile tools to dig the issue yourself.

--
Willem