Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by faisal shabbir <fa...@hotmail.com> on 2002/12/03 06:49:25 UTC

query

Hi,
   I have just implemented ssl on tomcat4.0 by using jsse. Now
on running my application i found that ssl is working on all of the  pages.
Problem is that i want ssl to work on the pages that contains sensitive
information. How can i turn ON and OFF ssl on jsp pages.

Thanks.

Re: query

Posted by Martin Jacobson <ma...@libero.it>.
faisal shabbir wrote:

> Hi,
>   I have just implemented ssl on tomcat4.0 by using jsse. Now
> on running my application i found that ssl is working on all of the
> pages. Problem is that i want ssl to work on the pages that contains
> sensitive information. How can i turn ON and OFF ssl on jsp pages.

You really don't want to do this! Apart from securing the 'visible' data
passing between the client and the server, SSL also secures the session
id. Once a hacker has got the session id, he can masquerade as the
client. Probably not what you want :-)

HTH,
Martin