Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ankita Patil <an...@germinait.com> on 2011/11/10 06:20:34 UTC

Dynamic adding of shards

Hi,
One way to add new shards is to add them in the shard parameter in the
solrconfig.xml file. But this will require to restart the solr server
everytime you add a new shard.
I wanted to know if it is possible to dynamically add shards without having
to restart the solr server. If yes how?

Thanks in advance.

Ankita

Re: Dynamic adding of shards