Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Prasad, Kamakshya" <kp...@capitalservicing.co.jp> on 2004/03/18 05:40:27 UTC

Validator: Validation based on action path and not by form name

Hi All,

Is it possible for validation.xml to take action path attribute instead
of form name for putting javascript validation rules for a page?

I am having a page with lot of buttons, each mapping to a particular
action path. I want to validate the screen elements based on these
action paths and not as a whole form.

Please let me know if there is any such facility provided by struts.

Regards,
Kamakshya

[partly answered] Re: Validator: Validation based on action path and not by form name

Posted by Axel Gross <ka...@iaeste.at>.
Hi Kamakshya!

yes it is provided. just make it a ValidatorActionForm instead of a
ValidatorForm. (check docs for further info)
If you use DynaFormBeans, there is a DynaValdaterActionForm, but it never
worked for me...

hope this help,
Axel