Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org> on 2018/03/19 19:11:16 UTC

[All][Math] "Commons Geometry": first step?

Hello.

Any objection to requesting a "git" repository for
initiating work on a "Commons Geometry" component?

IIUC, Gimhana (GSoC participant) has some free time;
the porting work is much easier due to the few
cross-dependencies between "o.a.c.math4.geometry"
package and other parts of Commons Math.[1]
Helping with this will hopefully get him acquainted
with the environment (maven, git, Jenkins, Travis).
Hence this part will be out of the way if/when tackling
"Commons Statistics" and its design issues.

Matt Juntunen,
Ready to drive the work on "Commons Geometry"? :-)

Best regards,
Gilles

[1] Cf. ML archive for past discussions.

Re: [All][Math] "Commons Geometry": first step?

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
On Mon, 02 Apr 2018 13:52:32 +0200, Gilles wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Apr 2018 11:34:56 +0200, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 3:17 AM, Matt Juntunen
>> <ma...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> Should I make one on github?
>
> A repository is available:
>   https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=commons-geometry.git

JIRA project is available:
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/GEOMETRY

Gilles

Re: [All][Math] "Commons Geometry": first step?

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 3:17 AM, Matt Juntunen <ma...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Should I make one on github?

Whatever the response: *Please*, do never create source code
repositories, forums, build jobs, or the like, on external servers. At
least not, without prior acknowledgement by Apache Infra.

I am aware, that there are ASF projects on Github, but these are
created by Infra, and are only mirrors.

Jochen

Re: [All][Math] "Commons Geometry": first step?

Posted by Matt Juntunen <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Sorry, Gilles, I just now saw this. Yes, I'd like to help with this. Is there a git repo yet? Should I make one on github?

Thanks,
Matt

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Go for it.