Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Joel Trunick <Jo...@SmartPrice.com> on 2003/02/27 22:42:45 UTC

Where to validate?

What's the appropriate place to validate between two ValidField's? If the
user has to enter their email twice, where do I check that they are the
same, and how do I tell the ValidField's that they aren't valid? I didn't
see an example.

Joel

RE: Where to validate?

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.
To do Form-level validations, you do them in the listener.

To indicate errors such as yours:

IValidationDelegate delegate = (IValidationDelegate)getValidationDelegate();
IFormComponent inputEmail2 = (IFormComponent)getComponent("inputEmail2");

delegate.setFormComponent(inputEmail2);
delegate.record("Email doesn't match", null, getEmail2());

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components

RE: Where to validate?