Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Luca <co...@yahoo.com> on 2003/11/14 20:06:19 UTC

mod_jk sends an empty ajb13 body packet while switching between cluster nodes

Hi,

I have a very strange behaviour.

I have 2 different configurations.

1) I have 3 pc
apache2.0.47 and mod_jk1.2.5 on Red Hat Linux (pc0)
tomcat4.1.x on Red Hat Linux (pc1)
tomcat4.1.x on Red Hat Linux (pc2)

2) I have 3 pc
apache2.0.47 and mod_jk1.2.5 on Red Hat Linux (pc0)
tomcat4.1.x on windows2000 (pc1)
tomcat4.1.x on windows2000 (pc2)

I have configured mod jk to work with sticky session
(jvmRoute in server.xml). It works fine.

I have configured session replication correctly. It
works fine.

But I have a problem.

In configuration 1) after a failover of a tomcat (i.e.
pc1) the ajp13 body packet that arrives over tomcat
pc2 is empty
while the relative ajp13 header packet defines a
lenght>0.
It means that my request loses the http post content.
Hence I have the session correctly replicated while
the content of a html form, for example, definitively
loose.

But if I reply the same configuration (case 2) with
Tomcat on Windows all work fine.

It looks very strange.

Some helps.

Thanks