Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Amy Roh <am...@apache.org> on 2004/02/12 21:54:59 UTC

Remote Access using JSR 160

Not all Tomcat 5 MBeans are serializable and I think we should make all our
exposed MBeans serializable if we want to support remote access to
MBeanServer using JSR 160.  We'll need to modify Tomcat MBeans to only have
serializable attributes and return types.

Comments?

Thanks,
Amy

Re: Remote Access using JSR 160

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Amy Roh wrote:
> Are you using modeler 1.1?  You need to have the latest modeler change for
> the fix - org.apache.commons.modeler.BaseModelMBean 1.25.  The fix went in
> after 1.1 release.  How about that for sneaky  ;-)  All should be good if
> you have the latest BaseModelMBean.  :-)

The diff seems to validate this. I'll test it next week.

Rémy

Re: Remote Access using JSR 160

Posted by Amy Roh <am...@apache.org>.

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Filip Hanik <de...@hanik.com>.
I suggest using the java.lang.reflect.Proxy object as remote,
then you can make almost any object with an interface remote :)

Filip

Posted by Amy Roh <am...@apache.org>.

Posted by Filip Hanik <de...@hanik.com>.
-1 for doing it now,
+0 to do it after tag and after next stable release.

Filip
> Not all Tomcat 5 MBeans are serializable and I think we should make all
our
> exposed MBeans serializable if we want to support remote access to
> MBeanServer using JSR 160.  We'll need to modify Tomcat MBeans to only
have
> serializable attributes and return types.
>
> Comments?

That's not completely doable for now, I think (ex: the StandardContext
returns itself for some attributes, and it's needed in some places).

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.