Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Norman Maurer <nm...@byteaction.de> on 2006/09/13 07:23:32 UTC

Handlerapi 2

Hi noel,

you had some time to work on the DataCmdHandler or can share some idea
so i can do it. I want to complete it soon. Cause as longer we wait it
will get harder to merge..

bye
Norman

Re: Handlerapi 2

Posted by Vineet Shrivastava <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

can any buddy help me in choosing a bugtracking system
vineet

--
Thanks & Regards,

Vineet Shrivastava

Re: Handlerapi 2

Posted by Vineet Shrivastava <vi...@gmail.com>.
sorry friend ..i am a new user.

--
Thanks & Regards,

Vineet Shrivastava

Re: Handlerapi 2

Posted by Norman Maurer <nm...@byteaction.de>.

RE: Handlerapi 2

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> At the moment, I am working on delimiter-based I/O, e.g., the I/O path
> buffers until it sees the deliminator (CRLF, CRLF.CRLF, etc.) before
> providing the delimited content.

Done.

Now I'm looking at (memory mapped?) files for the CRLF.CRLF terminated
message, as well as considering dot stuffing.

	--- Noel

RE: Handlerapi 2

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Norman Maurer wrote:
> > you had some time to work on the DataCmdHandler or can share some idea
> > so i can do it. I want to complete it soon.

> I'm starting to do it in my demo code, which I will upload as a proof of
> concept to share the idea in a simpler form, and will then start to work
> on the JAMES changes.

I've got the demo connected to a ServerSocket, matching what we currently
have in JAMES, and entirely push model based once we have read from the
socket, which will enable MINA integration later.

At the moment, I am working on delimiter-based I/O, e.g., the I/O path
buffers until it sees the deliminator (CRLF, CRLF.CRLF, etc.) before
providing the delimited content.  I don't know if I will work on dot
stuffing logic, or leave that as an exercise for after posting the demo
code.

	--- Noel

RE: Handlerapi 2

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Norman Maurer wrote:

> you had some time to work on the DataCmdHandler or can share some idea
> so i can do it. I want to complete it soon.

I'm starting to do it in my demo code, which I will upload as a proof of
concept to share the idea in a simpler form, and will then start to work on
the JAMES changes.

> Cause as longer we wait it will get harder to merge.

Yes, I know.

	--- Noel