Posted to user@hive.apache.org by "Daniel,Wu" <ha...@163.com> on 2011/08/14 12:22:33 UTC

failed when create an index with partitioned by clause

  create table part (a int,b int) PARTITIONED by (c int);

create index part_idx on table part(b,c) AS 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.index.compact.CompactIndexHandler' WITH DEFERRED REBUILD
partitioned by (a) ;

hive> create index part_idx on table part(b,c) AS 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.index.compact.CompactIndexHandler' WITH DEFERRED REBUILD
    > partitioned by (a) ;
FAILED: Parse Error: line 2:0 mismatched input 'partitioned' expecting EOF near 'REBUILD'

hive>

If I remove the partitioned by (a), then the index can be created. But I need to partition it on column. Is that not supported yet or I made some mistake?

Re: failed when create an index with partitioned by clause

Posted by John Sichi <js...@fb.com>.
The wiki docs are incorrect here.  CREATE INDEX does not yet supported a PARTITIONED BY clause; that was added in the spec to support HIVE-1499, which hasn't been implemented yet.

For now, the index partitioning always follows the table partitioning exactly.

JVS