Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Teun <ap...@dse.nl> on 2009/11/15 20:32:19 UTC

[users@httpd] htacces

Best People,
I do not understand the website of httpd apache for to enabled htacces
support websitefolders.

How can ik enable in Ubuntu htacces for my websitefolder on my localhost?
Thanks all !

[users@httpd] Error log doubts

Posted by "Kamaraj, Jayakumar" <jk...@corp.untd.com>.
Hi,
            This may seems very simple, but I am not sure why we are
getting this error lines frequently in my error logs.

[Tue Nov 17 01:34:49 2009] [error] [client 64.136.3.254] Critical dirty
memory for pid 30717 [3612/79384] exceeds maximum 74997760 bytes after
42 good requests (freeing 77590528 dirty bytes) after 42 requests

	Please guide me to the source of error, if possible.

Thanks,
Jai

RE: [users@httpd] htacces

Posted by Boyle Owen <Ow...@six-group.com>.

Look at the doc-page above
(http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#allowoverride). Look at
the outlined summary-box. Look at the "Syntax" line. To make htaccess
work, you need "AllowOverride All"... "AllowOverride yes" does not mean
anything to apache.

But try to understand Eric's warning about what you are doing - if you
allow local overrides, people who edit the content can also control some
features of the server. Are you OK with this?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> ?
>
> Thanks from Teun

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message.
The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks.

Re: [users@httpd] htacces

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Teun <ap...@dse.nl> wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Teun <ap...@dse.nl> wrote:
>>> Best People,
>>> I do not understand the website of httpd apache for to enabled htacces
>>> support websitefolders.
>>>
>>> How can ik enable in Ubuntu htacces for my websitefolder on my
>>> localhost?
>>> Thanks all !
>>
>> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/howto/htaccess.html
>> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#allowoverride
>>
>> You have virtual hosts defined in /etc/apache2/sites-available/* that
>> probably have "AllowOverride none".  This disabled the reading of
>> htaccess files.
>>
>> --
>> Eric Covener
>> covener@gmail.com
>>
> Best Eric,
> I think, I understand you. So...must I change "AllowOverride none" in
> "AllowOverride yes"
> ?

You should read and consider the ramifications, and change it if
you're comfortable in delegating the config to anyone who can write to
the content directories.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com