Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Arjan van Dijk <ar...@rivm.nl> on 2013/11/12 16:57:51 UTC

OOoLatex

Hi!

Today, I downloaded the latest OOoLatex extension for Open Office 4.0.1
for Windows XP.
After installation of the extension, the "Help" menu shows an item "About
OOoLatex...",
but there is no OOoLatex toolbar under "View" --> "Toolbars".
Restarting Open Office and starting a new text file does not make a
difference.
I had the idea that OOoLatex was the cause of the problem, so I
de-installed it
and instead I installed TexMaths, a similar extension.
That extension had the same problem: no toolbar is shown, even after
restarting Open Office (but a Help-entry is shown!)!

How can I gain access to either of the new LaTeX formula toolbars?

Thanks for any suggestion!

Arjan

Proclaimer RIVM http://www.rivm.nl/Proclaimer

Re: OOoLatex

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 12/11/2013 Arjan van Dijk wrote:
> Today, I downloaded the latest OOoLatex extension for Open Office 4.0.1
> for Windows XP.
> After installation of the extension, the "Help" menu shows an item "About
> OOoLatex...",
> but there is no OOoLatex toolbar under "View" -->  "Toolbars".

The reason could be that OOoLatex maybe has not been updated for
OpenOffice 4.x (I haven't checked; possibly a newer version is available
now). In that case, you should contact the extension author (for
example, through the comments) and point him to this page:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Extensions/Extensions_and_Apache_OpenOffice_4.0

Regards,
   Andrea.