Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ha...@ooo.lanl.gov> on 1995/10/06 18:23:37 UTC

BASE in html

I suppose this is more HTML than HTTP, but you people seem to know
a thing or two...

In the good old days of Xmosaic, saving a html page that used relative
URLs would save a BASE HREF line to the file too.

It seems that this is no longer the case for Xmosaic or Netscape. So
any document saved to disk will contain unusable relative URLs.
Adding BASE HREF to all documents is a pain, and is impractical if you
want to mirror resources.

What went wrong?

Will HTTP/1.1  BASE header fix this?

rob

Re: BASE in html

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
Actually, if you intend to mirror resources, don't you *want* to leave
the BASE headers out?  Or at least, only have them in when you don't
mirror the whole relative-connected tree....

	Brian