Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Alexander Banthien <al...@questech.de> on 2002/08/30 10:25:12 UTC

Torque ISNULL and Dates bug?

Hi people,

I have been experimenting around with torque and the Criteria. I feel
there is a problem. (using torque-3.0-b4.jar and mysql)

I have a two Date columns named ECARD.SEND_DATE and ECARD.SENT_AT but
the straightforward code
-------snip ---------------------
Criteria crit = new Criteria();
java.sql.Date sqlDate = new java.sql.Date((new Date()).getTime());
crit.add(EcardPeer.SENT_AT,Criteria.ISNULL)
crit.add(EcardPeer.SEND_DATE,sqlDate,Criteria.LESS_THAN);
-------snap---------------------

gives me an exception, because the generated SQL is buggy:
SELECT ........ WHERE ECARD.SENT_AT= IS NULL  AND
ECARD.SEND_DATE<'20020830094429'

(not the buggy syntax in the first condition)

The workaround is

-------------snip---------------
        Criteria crit = new Criteria();
        java.sql.Date sqlDate = new java.sql.Date((new
Date()).getTime());
        crit.add(EcardPeer.SEND_DATE,sqlDate,Criteria.LESS_THAN);
         // Criteria.ISNULL has a bug so we do it like this.

        crit.and(EcardPeer.SENT_AT,(Object)" ECARD.SENT_AT IS NULL
",Criteria.CUSTOM);
--------------snap-----------------
--

regards