Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by mu...@fantasymail.de on 2007/01/27 13:14:54 UTC

ActionLink deprecated?

Deprecated. To be removed in 4.1

protected ILink getLink(IRequestCycle cycle, String serviceName, Object parameter)

What is the replacement for the method above?

Tanks!

Re: ActionLink deprecated?

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
protected ILink getLink(cycle, parameter)

as documented in IEngineService .

On 1/27/07, munich@fantasymail.de <mu...@fantasymail.de> wrote:
> Deprecated. To be removed in 4.1
>
> protected ILink getLink(IRequestCycle cycle, String serviceName, Object parameter)
>
> What is the replacement for the method above?
>
> Tanks!

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

Re: Limit the number of clicks per second inside Tapestry

Posted by mu...@fantasymail.de.
Thanks for the input!

It is primarily intended to get rid auf Apache modules that did that before and to be more flexible in using that information.

Search engines crawlers can usually slow down a website a lot - or experimental crawlers by university students etc....or malicious webcrawlers or people who download your website for offline viewing.
I think restricting it to 1 page view per second would be enough - certain ip addresses could get a higher "bandwidth".

Instead of sending them to an error page, however, I would just let the request time out.....

The good thing would be you could write your own profiling application and log those ipaddresses and clients that are bandwidth hungry....

The only question is, whether such a Tapestry implementation would be efficient or not....maybe this would consume too much memory itself if there are many visitors on a website?

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 20:38:30 -0800
Von: "Patrick Moore" <tr...@gmail.com>
An: "Tapestry users" <us...@tapestry.apache.org>
Betreff: Re: Limit the number of clicks per second inside Tapestry

Posted by Patrick Moore <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I believe you could create a filter (in Tapestry 4) that could
intercept requests and work with a session-based object.  The session
object would need to keep a list of timestamps of recent accesses.
With this, it could determine if a user has slipped over your
threshold, at which point you could, say, redirect the user to a
static HTML page warning them of their transgression.

These filters can be added to Tapestry's WebRequestProcessor pipeline.

I'd love to know what your underlying use-case is.

On 1/27/07, munich@fantasymail.de <mu...@fantasymail.de> wrote:
> If I want to limit the number of clicks page views per second for every user,
> how would I do that inside Tapestry?
>
> Would that go into the BaseEngine ?

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.