Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by umun <um...@yahoo.com> on 2000/07/29 14:55:14 UTC

newbie question

hi everyone,

I am new to embperl.

Was wondering whether embperl can be installed into a
private directory. cuz I am using an isp but have no
root privileges.

Thanks a lot.

http://invites.yahoo.com/

RE: newbie question

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

> Was wondering whether embperl can be installed into a
> private directory. cuz I am using an isp but have no
> root privileges.

Like any other Perl module it can. Read "perldoc ExtUtils::MakeMaker", to
see which parameters are needed for Makefile.PL to change the installation
directory. Additionaly you have to change the @INC path to contain your
private directory

Gerald

E-Mail:     richter@ecos.de         Voice:    +49 6133 925151