Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Fuad Efendi <fu...@efendi.ca> on 2011/05/31 14:53:00 UTC

RE: DIH: Exception with "Too many connections"

Hi,

There is existing bug in DataImportHandler described (and patched) at
It is not used in a thread safe manner, and it is not appropriately closed &
reopened (why?); and new connection is opened unpredictably. It may cause
"Too many connections" even for huge SQL-side max_connections.

If you are interested, I can continue work on SOLR-2233. CC: dev@lucene (is
anyone working on DIH improvements?)

Thanks,
Fuad Efendi
http://www.tokenizer.ca/

Posted by tiffany <ti...@future.co.jp>.
Stephan,

Your advice (check the process list) gave me an important clue for my
solution.
I changed my database connection to the slave instead of master, so that I
can use more threads.
Thank you very much!

***

François,

My setting is the default value:
max_connections = 151
max_user_connections = 0

I will think of changing the max_connections when I increase the number of
cores.
Thanks!

***

Fuad,

So far, I can handle DIH with my setting.
Thanks for letting me know!

Regards,
Tiffany