Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by simon <sk...@apache.org> on 2008/01/20 22:30:23 UTC

[myfaces-faces-plugin] using a base file for tld generation

Hi,

I wanted to fix a few problems with the generated h.tld file in core12.

I read through the code and saw that an "h-base.tld" file could be used
to insert arbitrary content at the start of the generated file. However
when I set this up, it appears that there are a number of bugs in the
plugin:

(1) any comments in the h-base.tld file are stripped out

(2) any <![CDATA< tags in the tags that are *generated* by the plugin
get removed and their content then escaped, eg the UIColumn stuff which
in the build project looks like
  <description><![CDATA[
becomes
  <tag>
    <description>&lt;p&gt;
          Creates a UIComponent that represents...

Is is really a bug, or am I not using this correctly?

What I want to achieve is:
(1) a standard ASF copyright/license stuff at the top of the file.
(2) a <description> tag for the taglib

I also would like to have the name "myfaces-html.tld" rather than
"h.tld" but that is probably a different problem; it looks like the
plugin just does not support that at the moment.

The code in question is:
  GenerateJspTaglibsMojo._generateTagLibraryDescriptors

Regards,

Simon

Re: [myfaces-faces-plugin] using a base file for tld generation

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi Simon,

the myfaces-html.tld is now in place.
See rev: 613735.

The other things (as comments) are still open.
I think we should open a ticket on that.

A (minor) question is also:
myfaces-html VS myfaces_core (underscore).

I don't care if we use '-' or '_'. But we should have a *unique* rule for that.

-M

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.