Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Rajesh Jain <rj...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/19 20:19:52 UTC

Download and Configure MorphlineSolrSink

Hi

I am planning to stream data using Flume Morphline Solr Sink to be indexed
by Solr. These are CSV files created every few minutes

I would like to know where to download the MorphlineSolrSink and how to
configure it -- maybe if there is an example.

The documentation on the Apache Flume Getting Started is very little for a
newbie, appreciate if someone has done this and can get me started.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Re: Download and Configure MorphlineSolrSink

Posted by Wolfgang Hoschek <wh...@cloudera.com>.
The Morphline Solr Sink ships as part of Apache Flume 1.4.0:

	http://flume.apache.org/download.html

Documentation is here:

	http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#morphlinesolrsink

Basically, you configure it like any other Flume Sink, plus point it to a morphline config file. The unit tests can serve as examples.

Here is some more background on morphlines:

	http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2013/07/morphlines-the-easy-way-to-build-and-integrate-etl-apps-for-apache-hadoop/

A detailed description of some available morphline commands can be found in the Reference Guide:

	http://cloudera.github.io/cdk/docs/current/cdk-morphlines/morphlinesReferenceGuide.html

Wolfgang.