Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Lucas Hughes <lu...@ecommerce.com> on 2012/07/17 00:04:00 UTC

Status of cloudstack as an incubator project with apache

Hello,

Now that Cloudstack has moved to the Apache Foundation it seems that all
updates and bug fixes have been put on hold due to Cloudstack being in
incubator status. I was wondering what is the time table for the project now
to resume updates and bug fixes. Also if there is a person in charge I would
be interested in speaking with them. My company is interested in
contributing to the project and would like to see how we can help.

Lucas Hughes

Cloud Engineer

Ecommerce Inc

Re: Status of cloudstack as an incubator project with apache

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
Hi Lucas

(moving this to -dev only)

Bugs are still being fixed, and people are working on features pretty
actively (see the VPC and ceph branches in the ASF git repo). However,
we haven't yet had a release since moving to the ASF. The ASF has some
guidelines and process that we need to comply with before a release
goes out, and we are currently tackling those issues. (some of them
are related to the licensing of dependencies, the license headers in
source, etc).

Our goal is to get over what is effectively a one time hump and then
get on a regular release rhythm.

As to a person in charge, there really isn't such a thing in the
Apache landscape per se - there are people who have the burden of
responsibility, but that's about it (PPMC members and Committers).
That said if I or any of the other CloudStack PPMC members or
committers can help you get oriented, don't hesitate to reach out to
us, we'd love to have help on CloudStack from you or your coworkers.

--David