Posted to users@maven.apache.org by shinsato <ha...@shinsato.com> on 2010/03/10 19:44:24 UTC

Forcing maven-site-plugin to override/replace distributionManagement

I'm having a heck of a time with our build since we've been required to use a
parent pom.xml that has it's own distributionManagement section. The plan is
to not allow us to define our own distributionManagement - but relying on
the parent for our <site> definition seems to have wreaked all kinds of
havoc.

I'd hope that the -DstagingDirectory="c:\whatever" would enable us to force
the build there, but it seems to keep tacking on the <site> directory, but
not as a whole - rather in pieces, and not reliably.

Is there some trick to doing a mvn site:stage or mvn site:stage-deploy where
I can have complete control over where the site is - overriding the entire
<site> definition in the <distributionManagement> section of the pom.xml???

Re: Forcing maven-site-plugin to override/replace distributionManagement

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
Perhaps add a "stage" profile where you override the
distributionManagement/site definition and which you'd activate with
site:stage-deploy?

Kalle