Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brohm Michael <MB...@SpaceImaging.com> on 2005/11/15 18:37:47 UTC

Tomcat and Web Services

 Hi I have question concerning Tomcat and Web Services.  I have a web
services running on a server named 'DTJAS' under tomcat with JWSDP 1.6,
that sits behind a firewall.  I would like to publish this to the
outside, so we came up with a name of LLOYDS, we have a web server
sitting outside the firewall with the internal IP for DTJAS and external
IP of LLOYDS.  So an externally user can see our WSDL through the
browser, which goes to the web server, running APACHE, passing the
request to DTJAS.  It works fine, the problem occurs with the
<soap:address location=" line in the WSDL.  Instead of referring to the
LLOYDS address it refers to the DTJAS address.  So when the externally
user try to call the web service they try to go to DTJAS which of course
can not be hit from outside our firewall.

So here is my question, how do I tell Tomcat to put the LLOYDS address
in the WSDL.  I have tried 'REPLACE_WITH_ACTUAL_URL" in the WSDL,
changing the host file on DTJAS, and even putting LLOYDS in the address
and recompiling, but it always shows as DTJAS, the name of the server.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Michael

Michael Brohm
Space Imaging
mbrohm@spaceimaging.com

message and its attachments and notify Space Imaging immediately.