Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Michael Moser <mm...@zurich.ibm.com> on 2006/11/14 15:52:14 UTC

How to force axis2 library to send out all pending requests?

I just ran into some problem with fireAndForget(...)-requests. These
obviously get buffered inside AxisEngine. Thus, if the application
terminates immediately after posting the last request(s) these request
get never sent.

I stumbled over this, when experimenting with a command line code
snippet that uses the axis2 library to generate and send out SOAP
requests. I first couldn't understand why these requests had no effect.
After some digging I found out that these request were never received.
After some further digging I realized they weren't even sent out in the
first place. And after even more digging I finally realized, what was
going wrong here...

Is there some shutdown method or such in that library? I searched but
found nothing so far...

Michael

Re: How to force axis2 library to send out all pending requests?

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 15:52 +0100, Michael Moser wrote:
> I just ran into some problem with fireAndForget(...)-requests. These
> obviously get buffered inside AxisEngine. Thus, if the application
> terminates immediately after posting the last request(s) these request
> get never sent.

Hmmmm .. I think you're right; we're missing a way to say "please wait
to finish all pending stuff and then shutdown." I thought that
ServiceClient.finalize() had that behavior but it doesn't. In any case,
that's not enough because this has to span across all pending service
requests not just one service client.

Can u open a JIRA with a simple sample please?

Thanks!

Sanjiva.