Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by B Shaik <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2009/07/25 14:01:30 UTC

Disable URL encoding with JMeter Proxy Server

Hi All,

I am using JMeter for performance testing of our transactional web site. Right now, I am recording & developing scripts using JMeter HTTP Proxy server. Our web site internal communication runs using plain text and content type is Text/ Plain. But, JMeter is encoding it like HTML content. Due to HTML encoded content, the Web Server couldn't understand the HTTP request and it is giving HTTP Connection Failed -500 error and I can't record/ proceed further.

Any ideas how to turn off URL encoding when using JMeter HTTP Proxy server? Which property I need to change in JMeter.Properties file to disable URL encoding for JMeter HTTP Proxy server? Please see the attcahed PIC.

All help is appreciated.

 Kind regards,
Shaik

Re: Disable URL encoding with JMeter Proxy Server

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 25/07/2009, B Shaik <sh...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I am using JMeter for performance testing of our transactional web site.
> Right now, I am recording & developing scripts using JMeter HTTP Proxy
> server. Our web site internal communication runs using plain text and
> content type is Text/ Plain. But, JMeter is encoding it like HTML content.
> Due to HTML encoded content, the Web Server couldn't understand the HTTP
> request and it is giving HTTP Connection Failed -500 error and I can't
> record/ proceed further.

To solve this, we'll need to know the request the browser is sending
that the Proxy is handling incorrectly.

Try enabling debug for the Proxy Server.
Set the following JMeter property:

log_level.jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.HttpRequestHdr=DEBUG

before starting JMeter