Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ganesh gadi <ga...@yahoo.com> on 2004/07/08 12:03:22 UTC

why field not supports "styleId" property but supports....

Hi friends
Thanq 4ur non-stoping help.
i need  "styleId" property in <nested:hidden>  field as it is in <html:hidden> field.
But it doesn't support that .
Where as  <html:hidden> supports it.
what can i do for that?
Is there any equallent property for "styleId" in <nested:hidden>
Pls let me know u solution .
awaiting for ur reply.
Thanks
Ganesh

Re: why field not supports "styleId" property but supports....

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Generally struts tags only allow attributes which are part of the HTML 4.01
Specification - I'm not sure whether "id" is or isn't for <input
type="hidden">, but I guess the logic goes that why would you need it for
something which isn't visible.

Anyway, you could modify the struts-html.tld to add this attribute and and
it should then render it.

Niall

Posted by ganesh gadi <ga...@yahoo.com>.

http://mail.yahoo.com