Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Yassine MARZOUGUI <y....@mindlytix.com> on 2017/02/01 13:03:19 UTC

Externalized Checkpoints vs Periodic Checkpoints

Hi all,

Could someone clarify the difference between externalized checkpoints[1]
and regular periodic checkpoints[2]?
Moreover, I have a question regarding the retention of checkpoints: For
regular checkpoints, does the last checkpoint discard the previous ones? If
yes, is that the case too for the externalized checkpoints? Thank you.

Best,
Yassine

[1] :
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.2/setup/checkpoints.html
[2] :
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.2/dev/stream/checkpointing.html

Re: Externalized Checkpoints vs Periodic Checkpoints

Posted by Yassine MARZOUGUI <y....@mindlytix.com>.
Thank you Till for the clarification, that was helpful.

Best,
Yassine

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Hi Yassine,